domingo, 9 de septiembre de 2012

What I listened to this weekend



It's time to say goodbye to this lazy weekend. I accumulated several hours of sleep, and I happily recovered by eating healthy, doing lots of exercise and listening to great music. Here are a few of the new songs I jammed into my iPod recently.

Ungdomskulen - Facemask

This is a Norwegian group that's really experimental and plays off some catchy tunes like this one, the second single off their new album Secrecy. It opens with subdued guitars and vocals before kicking into full speed with an infectious mix of bass and drum that booms beneath licks of guitar. As catchy as avant-garde can get.



Dragonette - Live In This City (Madera Remix)

Loving this wonky track by the always reliable Canadian electropop outfit. It's almost tailormade for the dancefloor, as is almost all their stuff. Hopefully their upcoming Body Parts album is just as good as this. I'm sure it will be!


The Casket Girls - Sleepwalking

When I saw the tag "eerie-pop" in the Soundcloud track, I could not resist. This is rather eerie: haunting instrumentals provided by Ryan Graveface and on top of them, the pop sensibility of  Elsa and Phaedra Greene's vocals. It sounds like a darker and more complex version of the 60s girl group The Shangrila's. And that was exactly what they were going for!



Midnight Magic - Same Way I Feel

This group is one of my favorites, as it captures most of the Disco feeling of yesteryear with a touch of now. Their debut full length is titled Walking The Midnight Streets and it comes out November 13th on their own Midnight Sun Sound. It includes “Same Way I Feel”, a smooth, seductive track driven by bursts of horns over a funky bass line.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario